LibCon Erie is a free, family friendly convention featuring:
- Tabletop Gaming
- Retro Gaming
- Food Trucks
- And More!
Show off your art skills in this year’s LibCon Erie Art Contest!
2020 Theme: Favorite Fandom
Artwork must be submitted to the Blasco Memorial Library by May 9th.
Please include the following information with your artwork:
Title of Work:
Age Range: Child 6 and Under, Child 7-12, Teen 13-18, Adult 19
Accepted mediums: Pencil/Pen, Paint (of all kinds), Digital Art/Photography, Pastels, Charcoal, Fiber Arts. No 3D artwork will be accepted. Content of artwork must be appropriate for all ages. Artwork will be judged and the winner of each age group will get a prize. Art will be displayed during the week of LibCon Erie 2020.
Cosplay Contest Rules
- This is an open genre costume contest, meaning there are no restrictions regarding the source material.
- You must be pre-registered for the costume contest. All contestants MUST fill out and submit an entry form.
- Deadlines and registration forms will be located at the welcome table.
- All entries are strongly encouraged to bring reference material for their costume(s). While we will not turn away entries that do not bring reference material, it is just very helpful! Not all judges know all characters, so reference material is in everyone’s best interest
- Cosplays being entered in the Adult, Teen, or Youth categories can be store‐bought, commissioned, or made by the contestant.
- One costume entry per person.
- Pre-judging is required to participate in the contest to help streamline the judging process. All decisions made by the judges are final. All prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of the contest.
- Entrants must adhere to the Lib Con Weapons Policy.
- A parent or guardian must accompany all contestants in the Youth category (age 12 or under).
- Contestants may not enter a costume that has won an award from any other convention.
- A single winner will be selected for the Adult, Teen and Youth categories
- Any item or activity that presents the possibility of damage to the entrants, their costumes, the audience, or the facility is prohibited.
- Any item or activity that presents that does not represent ECPL policies or values is prohibited.
- Any participant may be disqualified from the contest by ECPL Staff for failure to observe any of these rules.
Participates will have fifteen minutes to solve puzzles hidden in the room in order to escape. Groups of 4-6 participates at a time. Children 12 and under must be with an adult. No pre-registration required. Open 10am-3pm Located in Collaboratory 103
Escape the Haunted Mansion
There have been stories of a haunted mansion in your neighborhood. They say that anyone who stays in the house after midnight will be turned into a ghost and forced to haunt the house for eternity. You did not believe in these stories but when you enter the home the door locks behind you. The clock on the walk begins to tick and it reads a quarter till midnight. Will you be able to escape before you become the mansions next victim?
Join us in the children's library for fun activities!
All day activities:
- Make and Take Craft (While supplies last)
- Scavenger Hunt
- Create your own superhero adventure
- And More!
Lib Con Photo Contest
There are prizes to be won at LibCon Erie!
- The Photo Contest starts at 7 PM on Friday, May 15th.
- Use the #LibConErie hashtag and post pictures on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Make sure your profile isn’t private or else we won’t be able to view your photos!
- Photos can be posted on social media or emailed to Libcon@eriecountypa.gov.
- In order to be considered, photos must be posted or emailed to us by 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 17th, 2020. You don’t have to post a photo of each item. However, the more items you take photos of, the higher your chance for winning!
- The winner will be chosen at random from qualifying entries. The winner will be notified on Tuesday, May 19th, 2020.
- Questions call 814-451-6904 or email us at Libcon@eriecountypa.gov.
- Take a photo reading a comic book/graphic novel.
- Take a photo holding any superhero DVD.
- Take a selfie in the life-size Pop doll photo booth.
- Take a selfie in front of the costume display outside of the children’s library.
- Take a photo of yourself attending one of the panel/workshops at LibCon Erie.
- Take a dancing selfie at the Cos Prom.
- Take a photo during any of the gaming events.
Cosplay your favorite character from pop culture, anime, comic books, or any other fandom. We will provide the music, fun and more! This is a free event hosted by the Teen Advisory Board (TAB) and the Friends of the Erie County Public Library.
May 15th 7-10 PM - Blasco Memorial Library
Monday Makers: Cosplay Workshop
Join John Fleming, Maker and founder of Icons Unlimited, for a special month of cosplay workshops and design your cosplay costume for this year’s LibCon Erie (formerly Library Comic Con)! Each week throughout the month of March, we'll be learning different techniques of costume building from designing, working with craft foam, vacuum forming, 3D printing, sewing, painting techniques, and more! Come to a few classes or come to them all and build a helmet of your own design to practice your newfound skills!
- March 02nd - Monday 6-8pm
- March 09th - Monday 6-8pm
- March 16th - Monday 6-8pm
- March 23rd - Monday 6-8pm
- March 30th - Monday 6-8pm
Location: - The Idea Lab located on the fist floor of the Blasco Memorial Library
The full list of vendors will be posted a few weeks prior to the con.
The full list of artists will be posted a few weeks prior to the con.
The full list of promo tables will be posted a few weeks prior to the con.
The full list of food trucks will be posted a few weeks prior to the con.
Hello, and thank you for your interest in participating in LibCon Erie 2020 at the Erie County Public Library! This is the 6th year for this family friendly, free event. It is the largest, free gathering of comic book and pop culture fans in the tri-state area.There are many ways to get involved. You can apply as vendor, artist, promotional table or run a panel/workshop. You must complete a separate form for each role.
If you are interested in participating please complete the appropriate form and submit it to us for review.
Deadline for Submissions is April 10th 2020
This section is reserved for comic artists, illustrators, and inkers would like to sell or promote their art at LibCon Erie. We have a limited number of tables available. Providing your own table increases your chance of being selected for a space at LibCon Erie. Items marked with an * are required.
This section is for interested parties who would like to promote an organization or community group at LibCon Erie. We have a limited number of tables available. Providing your own table increases your chance of being selected for a space at LibCon Erie. Items marked with an * are required.
This section is for interested parties who would like to sell consumer goods at LibCon Erie. We have a limited number of tables available. Providing your own table increases your chance of being selected for a space at LibCon Erie. Items marked with an * are required.
This section is for interested parties who would like to present a panel/workshop at LibCon Erie. Due to time and space restrictions, each approved panel/workshop will have a 45-mintue time slot. Items marked with an * are required.
Welcome to LibCon Erie!
Since May of 2015, The Erie County Public Library has partnered with The GeekERIE to transform the library into the Erie Library Comic Con.
Over the past 5 years, the number of programs, prizes, artists, vendors, and participants has grown into an annual celebration of comic culture and arts. This family friendly, free event is sponsored through a generous donation from the Friends of the Erie County Public Library.
2020 will bring an even larger program of events, workshops, programs, and even a new name- LibCon Erie! It is truly a celebration of geek culture, comics, graphic novels, and fandoms of all kinds. Admission, workshops and panels are 100 percent free.
Please join us in all LibCon Erie has to offer: comic books, graphic novels, gaming, escape rooms, panel discussions, author talks, book signings, cosplay creations and much more!
Photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. By taking part in this event you grant the Erie County Public Library full rights to use the images taken. Photos may be used on, but not limited to, promotional print material, the library County websites, and library County social media sites. Please advise a staff member if you would prefer not to be photographed.
No functional props or weapons are allowed at LIBCON Erie.
Simulated or costume props or weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, and are subject to approval by LIBCON Erie staff and in compliance with the following:
- All costume props must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume props and weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and secured to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn or removed.
- Edged weapons must be blunted (not sharp). Weapons with a cutting edge are not permitted. Prop weapons must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn.
- Please be aware of your surroundings. LIBCON Erie can get quite crowded. Costume props that may interfere with other guests are not permitted.
Security staff may stop you and ask to inspect your weapon. Staff will tag your weapon if it meets the above criteria.
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons.
We reserve the right to ask any patron that has a costume that does not adhere to the weapons policy to leave LibCon until appropriate costume corrections are made.