We maintain a searchable obituary index for Erie County, Pennsylvania, from 1822 to present. This database contains 279,440 records (includes to December 2017).
How to Search:
- Do not use commas, quotation marks or other punctuation.
- The limit is two search terms that can be a mix of Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial, year of death, etc… EX: Miller 1997 or Miller Bruce or Bruce A
- Format your search with a SPACE in between search terms: EX. Roach E or Roach El or Roach Elizabeth or Roach 1912
- Searches are returned in alphabetical order by Last Name, First Name and the date of the obituary.
- The date listed in this index is the date(s) the obituary appeared in the newspaper, not the date of death.
- To browse an entire year, enter the year in the box: EX. 1975
- To browse an entire decade, enter the first three digits of the decade in to the first box: EX. 191
- Searches for names like Smith, Green, etc will give results that include Smithson, Greene, etc.
- Partial information will help limit your search results. Even just a first initial (first name, middle name, etc) can cut search results in half when used with a last name.
How to Order:
Copies of obituaries are available upon request. The fee is $5.00 per name requested; up to ten names can be included in each request.
- To use this service, please fill out the form located on our Obituary Listings page
- You will be billed for the research when the information is sent to you.
- Normal requests may take 2 to 4 weeks to be processed.
- Include as much information as possible about the person(s) for whom you are searching. The more information you can provide, the better the chance we can provide you with the information you need.