What is Curbside Service?
While all of our physical locations are currently closed to the public until March 8, we are offering curbside hold pickup, as well as continuing digital and remote services. Curbside hold pickup allows you to checkout new physical materials in a contactless manner, ensuring the health and safety of both patrons and staff.
How does curbside pickup work?
Curbside pickup is contactless, safe, and easy!
- To start the process, place items on hold by visiting the library catalog or calling your local library.
- Blasco Memorial Library:
- 451-6927 (Placing holds)
- 451-6929 (Scheduling a pickup)
- Bookmobile: 451-6935
- Edinboro Branch: 451-7081
- Iroquois Avenue Branch: 451-7082
- Lincoln Community Center: 451-7085
- Millcreek Branch: 451-7084
- Blasco Memorial Library:
- When you receive an automated notification (call, text, or email) that your items are ready for pickup, call your pickup library to schedule an appointment.
- You will be given a day and timeslot to pick up your materials. If you are unable to make your appointment, please give us a call so we can reschedule.
- Arrive at your scheduled pickup time and call the posted phone number to let us know you’ve arrived.
- We’ll bring your items right out for you to pick up and enjoy.
Watch a short video on curbside service here and find a list of Erie County Public Library locations, hours, and phone numbers here.
What services are available?
During this phase, the Library is able to offer reference assistance, Heritage Room research, expanded Wi-Fi access, new e-card issuance, digital services, Bookmobile service, mobile printing, virtual programming, materials holds, and bookdrop returns.
How do I place an item on hold?
To place items on hold for pickup, visit our catalog or call your local library. For step by step instructions on using the catalog for holds, visit this guide.
How can I print?
Mobile printing is available at all locations. This service allows individuals to send documents remotely to be picked up at a library location. Print fees will be charged to the patron’s library card and prints will be scheduled and picked up just like book holds. Learn how to use mobile printing here.
All items can be returned to our always open outside bookdrops. Items are quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours so please expect a delay before items are cleared off of your account. All items are backdated to the date returned to avoid any late fees due to quarantine.
How can I get an e-card?
Apply for a new e-card here. You will be able to use your new card to access our digital databases and streaming services.
How can I check my account or pay fines?
See what items are outstanding on your account, place holds, and pay fines by logging into your account here. Learn how to pay your fines through the catalog by viewing our step-by-step guide here. You may also call your local library for information about your account, however, we are unable to accept payment in person or over the phone.
For reference help from a librarian, please call 814-451-6927 or email email@example.com. In need of children’s reference services? Call 814-451-6936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access genealogical and historic research assistance by calling the Heritage Room at 814-451-6983. You can submit a request for an obituary search here.
All locations offer Wi-Fi access outside of the buildings and in the parking lots. Individuals can access the Wi-Fi connection 24/7 and without a password.
The library offers a variety of programs for all ages virtually. You can access these from the comfort of your own home! Visit our events calendar to see what is upcoming.