Please speak with a Librarian to learn more about our innovative service offerings:
- Print and Copy –Color or Black & White printing is available at all library locations. Black & White copies can also be made at each location.
- Mobile Printing – Send your print job from your mobile device, home computer, or laptop to the Blasco Library.
- Fax Service – Send fax jobs. Available only at the Blasco Library. Pay with Debit card.
- Public Computers – Access free public computers at our main library and branches. Each computer gives you access to the Internet and Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Wifi – We provide free access to wifi at all of our locations. If you need help accessing it, please see a staff member for technical assistance.
- Computer Classes – Take a professionally taught computer class for only $5.
- One-on-One Help from a Librarian – Let us help you learn how to use our online resources and find the materials you need.
- Genealogy Research – We can search for obituaries and perform other genealogy research. (Fees may apply).
- Tours and Lectures –Our Librarians are equipped to speak at your next community meeting; or bring your school or organization to the library for a tour.
- 24/7 Access – Your card gives you access to our online resources. Stream music, borrow ebooks, and learn a language anywhere.
Visit our Locations & Hours page to find an ECPL outlet near you.
Programs & Events
We provide innovative events and classes for all ages at each of our library locations! Look for early literacy story times, computer classes, book clubs, small business meet ups, and so much more! Our community partners help us offer an expansive list of offerings.
Visit our online event calendar for the latest details on the hundreds of programs we offer each month at events.erielibrary.org. Library events are generously sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
You’re An Official Erie County Public Library Cardholder!
With your card you can:
- Borrow and access materials and resources including books, DVDs, CDs and more
- Borrow materials from any Erie County Public Library location and have them delivered to a library near you
- Borrow materials from libraries outside of Erie County through the Interlibrary Loan process
- Return library materials to any ECPL Branch
- Search for items using our online catalog from any device connected to the internet. You can even place items on hold and pick them up at the member library of your choice
- Search online databases, download ebooks and eAudio, stream music, movies and TV series, and check your library account online 24 hours a day
- Use a public computer at any library location
- Borrow a Book Club in a Bag
Library Card & Account Management
Please bring your library card with you on each visit to the Library. It is important that you do not lend your card to anyone. Keep your card in a safe place and monitor your account regularly. A password/PIN (personal identification number) is required for online account usage. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number listed on your account unless you have changed it.
When you receive your library card you accept responsibility for all activity on the card including:
- Care and condition of the items checked out including all parts and pieces.
- Fines and fees based on library policies.
- Payment for lost, unreturned or damaged items.
Visit My Account to view the material checked out on your card and review due dates and fines.
If you lose your card or you suspect that it has been stolen, report the missing card immediately. A replacement card can be issued for $2 with a current ID.
Loan Periods & Overdue Fees
We strive to provide materials for everyone in the community! Loan periods and late fees vary by material type:
|Item Type||Renewal Limit||Checkout Period||Late Fee Per Day|
|Audio Books||2||3 weeks||$.25*|
|Music CDs||2||3 weeks||$.25*|
|New DVDs||2||1 week||$.50|
|TV Series, Other DVDs||2||3 weeks||$.50|
|Interlibrary Loan**||0||2 weeks||$.50|
|Wifi Hotspot||0||10 days||$1.00|
|Launchpads & Videogames||1||1 week||$1.00|
*Juvenile items in this category will only be charged a $.10/day late fee.
**To renew an interlibrary loan, please call 814-451-6922
Renew online at catalog.erielibrary.org.
You may renew your checked out items, view your library account, place or cancel holds on titles, and pay late fees by visiting our online catalog. Items may be renewed when:
- No other patron has reserved the item
- The item has not been renewed twice before
- Your fines or fees do not total $10.00 or more
You may also renew by phone by calling our automated renewal line at 814-455-2475.
You will be prompted for your library card number and PIN. Your PIN is your 4-digit phone number.
If an item is renewed after its due date, any late fees accrued will be added to the account once the renewal is made. You may check your fines and fees balance in-person at any ECPL location, by calling any ECPL location or our automated line, or by viewing your account online.
Overdue notices are provided as a courtesy. You are responsible for knowing the due dates of borrowed materials. Patron borrowing privileges will be suspended if more than $10 in fees is owed.
First — Postal Service or Email – 14 days from date due
Second — Postal Service – 28 days from date due
After 60 days — Credit Bureau Account ($10 fee added)
By providing a current email address or mobile phone number, you can receive courtesy notices for upcoming materials due (2 days prior) and hold notices via email or text.
Lost or Damaged Material
Lost or Damaged Item:
- Retail price of the item plus $2 processing fee
Barcode Label — $1
Lost Cover (Book or CD) — $2
Replacement Costs — Lost or Damaged:
- Compact Disc case — $2
- Box (DVD, Video, Book on CD) — $2
- RFID Tag — $1
- Playaway/Playview Case — $4.50
- Interlibrary Loan — cost of item plus any charges or fees set by lending library.
Refund Lost Materials Policy
When you pay for an item belonging to the Erie County Public Library, a refund will be made if the item is found and returned in good condition within 30 days. A check for the cost of the item will be mailed within six to eight weeks. The $2 processing fee is non-refundable. No refunds if the cost of the item is $10.00 or less. No refunds if the item has been referred to a collection agency.