All library materials may be renewed online provided: 1) your account is in good standing (less than $10.00 in fines/fees), 2) the item is not on hold for another patron, and 3) the item has not been renewed twice before to your account.
Most library materials can be renewed:
- in-person at any ECPL location
- online through the catalog on your PC, laptop, or mobile device
- by using our automated renewal line
If an item is renewed after its due date, any late fees accrued will be added to the account once the renewal is made. You may check your fines and fees balance in-person at any ECPL location, by calling any ECPL location or our automated line, or by viewing your account online.
After connecting to the catalog, enter your “Library Card Number” and “PIN/Password.” Your “Library Card Number” is your 14 digit library card number (without spaces) and your “PIN/Password” is the 7 digit phone number (no spaces, no dash) we have listed on your account unless you have changed it.
Please note: all new library accounts created on or after January 2017 have a 4-digit Password.
In your account, click on “Items Out.”
You will see a list of items you currently have checked out. Mark your selections by choosing individual items, then click on “Renew Selected Items, or to renew all items on your account, select the “Renew All Items” option.
The items that have been renewed will be confirmed:
Please remember to log out of your account when finished.
Renewing by Phone:
This is system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You will need your library card number and Password/PIN to use this system.
NOTE: Your Password/PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number unless you have changed it. The automated attendant will prompt you for the information needed to renew your items.
To renew your checked out items: call 814-455-2475. Your call will be answered by an automated system.
Press 1 to login to the automated system, then:
- Enter your library barcode and press the # (pound) key
- Enter your password and press the # (pound) key
To renew or get library account information, you have the following options:
- Press 1 to hear an activity summary
- Press 2 to hear a list of all items out with an option to renew
- Press 3 to renew a specific item
- Press 4 to hear a list of overdue items
- Press 5 to hear a list of all holds requests
- Press 6 to hear a list of holds available for pickup
- Press 7 to hear an account statement
- Press 8 to hear accrued fines
At anytime, you may press * (star) to quit